Friday, September 16, 2011

Chennai, 7-17 Aug 2011: Reflections from Job Tan

Here's another piece of sharing from Job Tan, member of the Destiny team that went to Chennai (he also happens to be one of the founders of Destiny). ;)

Photo: Job (right) with Bro Benjamin who was in charge of feeding all the international delegates.

Every session just got me deeper into the spirit and allowed me to enjoy the freedom in the spirit. So for me it was a renewal experience.

The sweet prayers of children, worshiping, giving praise and interceding for the nations will draw me back again....

I'm also more convinced through my interaction with the locals and looking at my family's response this time [our 2nd trip to the same place :)] that God has given us more grace to love and serve our Asian brothers and sisters, especially the children. God seems to be widening this circle of friends, we eagerly await to see what's to come...

1 comment:

David C Brown said...

In Chennai I was reminded of the lines:

"What joy, O God, Thy heart must know
To see Thy lovers here below".

That's true everywhere but there is something special for Him in faithful persons with heathen surroundings.